Teeth are one of those things that we don’t really think about, aren’t they? They help us eat, we brush them, and that’s just about it. Unless, however, you get a problem.
For most of us, rushing to the dentist at the first sign of a twinge – perhaps some soreness when chewing, or a sensitivity to hot and cold – is the only answer to dealing with tooth issues.
However, visiting the dentist can be frighteningly expensive! Or, you may live in the middle of nowhere without any access to a dentist. Or, you may be one of those people for whom visiting the dentist is similar to the thought of sitting naked in a room filled with hungry tigers.
If you are one of these people, you might wish to look into the best dental first aid kit on the UK market. These can help you replace fillings, secure crowns and caps, and generally take care of your dental emergencies at home, at least until you can get to a dentist.
Dental First Aid Kits (Top 3 Picks)
We have had a good look through the lists, and have come up with three of the best dental first aid kits that are out there, so that you don’t have to spend hours trawling the internet for the right one for you:
1. DenTek Home Dental First Aid Kit Review
This is a very comprehensive tooth first aid kit, containing everything from fixing your fillings to repairing your crowns.
- Contains dentist grade materials. The filling product included with the kit uses the same type of filling that dentists use, so you know you are doing the best for your teeth than you can possibly do.
- Comes with tools. When you are dealing with small holes inside your mouth, you need small tools that can get to the area easily – the specially designed applicators included in the kit can reach the problem areas in your teeth with no problem.
- Effective disinfectant included. When you are dealing with any issues inside your mouth, you need to make sure the area is as clean as it can be. The included disinfectant is effective and will ensure that you don’t end up with an infection.
- Tooth saver vial included. If you have lost a tooth due to trauma, it needs to be kept in milk until you can visit a dentist to have it replaced – this little vial can be a lifesaver, or at least a tooth saver.
- Not ideal for filling holes near the tongue. This kit is perfect for cavities inside the tooth, but for holes near the moist tongue area you will need specialist intervention.
A great little emergency kit, perfect for those time when you need to fix your teeth but you cannot visit the dentist for a while.
2. Micron Superior Permanent Tooth Filling For Permanent Dental Restorations
This dental first aid kit is specifically designed for fixing cavities – and it really does what it says on the tin!
- Comes with a small tool kit to help you apply the filling. If you are filling a hole in your teeth, particularly the back ones, you will need an applicator that is shaped to reach the area – this kit provides this.
- Detailed instructions provided. It can be hard to work out how to fill your teeth at home; luckily this kit will give you step by step instructions to help you fix your teeth at home, without the need for a dentist.
- Perfect for those times when you cannot visit a dentist. There may be times when we cannot access a dentist (global pandemic, anyone?) but you need to fill a cavity to prevent pain and a worsening of the situation. This kit is ideal for this situation.
- The fix lasts a long time. Some over the counter solutions to your cavities can completely disappear or fall out after a day or two; the fixing from this kit will last as long as many dentist treatments do.
- Mixing the solution can be a problem. This fix comes in two parts – you have to mix a powder and a gel. This can cause problems, and you may have a little trial and error before you figure out how to do it properly.
A great emergency kit for treating cavities at home before you can access a dentist – you may even find that you don’t need to visit a dentist after all!
3. Safe And Sound Temporary Tooth Filling Kit
This one is ideal for those who are looking for a more natural fix for their tooth issues – it is mainly made from Zinc Oxide.
- Contains enough solution for around 10 fillings. This is a great kit to have on hand for any potential tooth issues that you or your family may have, as it contains enough to keep you all in fillings for a long time to come!
- Can offer pain relief. If you fill a hole in your tooth, food and particulate cannot ingress into it, so this can prevent day to day pain from the hole.
- Lasts up to two weeks. When you’re looking for a solution to a cavity and you cannot visit your dentist for a while, this kit is ideal as it will fill your tooth almost professionally, for up to half of a month.
- Easy to apply. The filling comes ready made – no mixing of ingredients necessary – so you can simply push it into place, wait for it to cure and then get on with your day to day life as normal.
- It doesn’t taste nice. Obviously no filling is a delicious tasty treat, but users have reported that this one has a more foul taste than some others on the market.
All in all, this is a good emergency kit to have on hand if you discover a hole in your tooth and you need to fill it temporarily before you can visit a dentist.
Now that you have a few of the best dental first aid kits under your belt, you can choose the one that best suits your needs. From fillings to crowns, we’ve got your emergency dental issues covered!